If you are looking for a method to present your findings in front of your colleagues and peers or the world, then the best method to do so is by presenting a paper in front of the audience in a conference. However, writing and submitting a compelling conference paper can be a tough job to handle. There are some norms which will ease the process of writing and submitting the paper. We take the opportunity of this article to provide you with a few pointers which will allow you to write a conference paper which will be well accepted and make people take notice of your findings.
- Taking Heed of Potential Journals: The internet has given us the power to access almost everything that is being published, it is the same with journal papers. You will be able to find hoards of journal papers related to your topic online. Before actually writing your paper, it is best to read some of the potential journals to get a hang of the writing techniques as well as what to include in your own paper.
- Selection of Topic for the Paper: Once you are familiar with how to write a potential journal from the internet, it is now time to select a topic for writing your own. When you study a particular subject, it is usually a vast area which can be divided into smaller portions which you can specialize on. You have to select the topic which appeals to you most. This will help you to work on the topic with added zeal as it is interesting to you.
- Getting a Hang of Technical Terms: A compelling paper for submission in the conference will usually be filled with facts and data which will back up your findings or your research. When you are just beginning to study a paper, you are bound to get confused with all the technicality of the same. However, as you get familiar with these journals you will begin to get a hang of these terms which you will be able to use in your own paper to give it a professional touch.
- Coagulating your Study: Researches are usually conducted over a certain period of time during which you gather information on your topic of study. With the progress of your study, you will come across more data as well as problems which you must jot down in order to contemplate on or use later while you write your paper. You will also come across several quotations or definition which you will need to include in your paper and you must collect them somewhere so as to use them later to write up a compelling paper.
- Essentials of Study and Skeleton of Paper: While you are writing a paper, you need to get an idea about the importance of your study so that you can convince others about the same. The following questions will help you to reveal the essence of your paper:
- What is the importance of your study?
- What are the major problems that your subject is facing in the presence and how can they is solved in the real world?
- Is your paper unique? Are you trying to make the existing solutions better or are you trying something completely new?
- Is your solution only focused on the core problems solely or does it take care of the adjoining problems too which may crop up along with the core issue?
- Is your solution worth a shot in the real world or is it only a theoretical approach? How technically approachable is your solution in current times?
When you gain the satisfactory answer to all the above questions, you may now write down your paper for submission in the conference and it should have the following point:
- Abstract: This portion of the paper will contain a gist of your study along with the objective of the same.
- Introduction: this portion will contain all the data you have collected which will give the audience a view of the global scenario of the topic along with the problems.
- Existing Techniques: This section will contain the solutions that others have developed to cope up with the problems or for the advancement of your field of study.
- Your Contribution: This portion gives a detailed note of the work you have done on your paper.
- Results: This is the section that will showcase all the data that you have achieved as a result of the experiments you have conducted on your field of study.
- Conclusion: This portion will contain your study inference. It will have the findings that you could conclude based on the result that you have obtained from your experiments.
While you are writing your paper down, it is best to use your own finding only and avoid using the data which you may have collected from the existing papers.
- Reviewing and Proofing the Paper: One of the most grievous mistakes that you can make while submitting your paper to the conference is to submit a faulty paper. As your paper will be your representation to the world, so you must strive to make it as perfect as possible. When you are done writing your paper check it to make sure that it has all the facts that you want to present before your audience. Get it reviewed by your professors and seniors so that you may rectify the mistakes that you could have possibly made while framing it and thereby submit a perfect paper.
Although these points will take you to a certain length on the way of writing a compelling paper to be submitted at a conference, the main key to success is having the confidence in yourself that your findings are worth a stand in the academic world and you should believe in the work you are doing. All the best!